Friday, January 14, 2011

Creation: A blog is born.

This is the first entry for this newly-created blog. I am not quite sure what the point of this blog is. I am not certain what I am supposed to post on here. I was speaking with some of my co-workers today, and one brought up a valid point. A new nurse may unwittingly post something on a blog that may violate HIPAA. Nurses have been penalized in the past for doing just that. I am reluctant to discuss anything related to a specific patient's care on here, and hope that I will not be docked points for that.
I have yet to set up a clinical site. I discussed this with my professor. I work Monday through Friday, which complicates things somewhat. I am anxious to get started, and even more anxious to have my clinical rotation completed. So far, the only things that I have accomplished for this class are setting up this blog and taking the syllabus quiz. I should have the first reading assignment done by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment